Katy - Centerville, Ohio
Themes: carpe diem

The power of life, this I believe. As we all well know, there will come a time and place for each of us to pass, but we need to make the most out of what we have. Once told to me by a long-time friend, “Enjoy the moment while it lasts.” has been a motto for me each day. I take each day one step at a time, no matter how difficult or challenging it may be, I always make the most out of my time. Even if things don’t go as planned, or the way I want them to, I know that everything will be ok because at least I’m still able to go out and do things. I have recently lost two very close family members, my aunt and grandfather. They both were amazing people that would do anything for anyone. They took each day slowly, one at a time, and tried to make everyone happy, fix anyone’s problems, and even listen whenever you needed to talk. My aunt passed away last December due to cancer, it started out small but slowly spread throughout her body. She was the one you could always talk to about anything; you knew she was always there to listen. There was my grandfather who passed away last May due to lung cancer. I always knew I could count on him to take me fishing, or let me sit on his lap when he mowed the lawn. I loved them both very much, but when the time came, I knew that they were better off. This is part of the reason I am who I am today. They have demonstrated the value of life and when the time comes, death. For all of us who live a healthy life with no limit should not take it for granted. No one should have to regret anything because they weren’t able to do what they wanted. They should cherish the moments they have now and not worry so much about the past. Everyone needs to open up their eyes, live life to the fullest everyday, and be thankful for what they have. They need to cherish the great moments they have with a person and not dwell on the bad ones because life is too short to waste it on something that wont matter the nest day. One never knows when that day may come when they or someone they love may hit a bump in life’s road and get hurt or even pass away. At least one can walk away with the satisfying feeling of greatness because you were able to spend the time you did with them. Live each day to its fullest as if it were your last, because at the end of the day you will feel amazing because you know that you just experienced the best day of your life and you get to do it all over again tomorrow. I believe in the power of life, its that simple.