Trish - Cedar Hills, Utah
Themes: respect

I believe in R-E-S-P-E-C-T… and not just a little bit. All the world relies on humankind, how we treat each other, how we eat, how we live, how we love, how we react, how we worship. Or should I say “war-ship”. The battleship of G-O-D. Because there is nothing like religion to bring out the worst in humankind. Religion is a one way flight to nowhere but conflict, angst, and suffering.

I believe in respecting everyone! Oh yeah, no matter what the race, gender, age, ethnicity, or religion. There’s not a person alive today, that doesn’t seek respect, doesn’t yearn for it, doesn’t D-E-S-E-R-V-E it… and to me, it’s the children that suffer most. Children, treated for less than who they are, forced into slavery, made into soldiers, and often, even in the land of the free… left alone.

Children, treated with no R-E-S-P-E-C-T… not even a little bit.

With true respect, there would be no bigotry, no child abuse, no violence, no intolerance. An existence such as this is hard to imagine. There are times I peer out at the world and think of its hatred. I contemplate– if my son or daughter were to live a lifestyle not accepted by society, if they were to change skin color, love someone of the same gender, or change their gender, if they lived in poverty, if they chose Atheism over god, or simply chose the wrong god. Some of the people that I know would H-A-T-E them. Even though they are my children, born of my blood, raised by my heart, and part of my soul. Other humans might hurt their feelings, punch them in the face… other humans might even kill them.

What a tragedy when parents must witness the disrespect of their children.

I believe in respect for everyone.

I believe in R-E-S-P-E-C-T! …and NOT just a little bit.