Bryan - Westland, Michigan

What are you waiting for

I believe that the key to success is in constant initiative to become great. I believe not in taking small steps, but in showing true talent through every moment of progress towards greatness. Dream of being the best there ever was, and all the years it will take you to get there. Now, do it all by the end of the day. For if you fail, there is nothing to be ashamed of, your potential has been reached, and what once held you back is gone forever.

I am a 17 year old musician teaching lessons and playing gigs, and I think about this stuff everyday of my life. Each day I watch as talent dies through procrastination of success, while each day I’m told in jealousy of how I supposedly am going places. I’ve noticed the ones that share this outlook with me also seem to be going places. Sometimes I find myself thinking about everything I hope to be in 10 years, and of what I will have experienced. Those are the times when I sit down and try to figure out what exactly is in between who I am now, and who I see in my future. Usually what I come up with is nothing. It takes a surprising amount of convincing for someone to realize that success is waiting for them.

I’d like to say that I am just riding on an endless amount of talent, or that I am simply the most dedicated kid you will ever meet. But as it turns out, neither of those are true. In fact, for the most part I’m lazy. I believe the only thing keeping me ahead of the bunch is my passion for being who I know I can be. Don’t be great in 10 years, become great now.