Kelsey - Livonia, Michigan

I believe in hard work and that you can do anything if you put your heart into it and really try. The common person might have a dream they are hoping to fulfill but just think, it’s not likely. They are absolutely right, it isn’t likely. But for those who have pursued their dreams, it only came with hard work. The people who make it big time believe in themselves and want to prove something. They want to prove to themselves and to everyone else, that yes, they can do it.

I have always had the dream to become a big time soccer player. Last May my dream became more of a reality. It was becoming not so much dream but more a part of my life. I was invited to attend a big time soccer tournament with some of the top twenty team in the United States. In order to go to the tournament you had to be selected to go play. I was so thrilled to hear that I was chosen along with two other girls from my team. I worked so hard to prepare for the tournament. We ended up getting tenth place overall in the tournament, and we tied the first place team. It was an amazing experience and a taste of what it would be like if I did make it to be a professional. I hope to continue to work hard and hopefully pursue my dream.

I believe in hard work not only for sports but for other things equally important. I believe in hard work for school, work, anything and everything. I believe that the harder your work the more rewarded you will be in the end. Working hard is closely related with never giving up, never giving in. That is another thing I believe in, it could be something as simple as when you were little and you wanted so badly to learn to ride a two wheeled bike. You tried, and tried, and tried and you never gave up. You worked so hard not to fall down. Then, finally you could ride your bike to school and you were so proud. That is a situation were you hard work is rewarding. Or it could be something like going to college and studying to get a job to be able to support your family.

I believe in hard work and that you can do anything if you put you heart into it and really try. I believe in determination, and reward. I believe in feeling good about yourself and everything you have accomplished. I believe that you can do anything.