Peter - Golden Valley, Minnesota
Themes: Christianity

Peter Crawford

Religion P.2

Ms. Walsh

This I believe essay

11/01/07

I believe that God was the father of Jesus, and that he or she was a very divine being. I feel that with all of the gospels and the bible has to offer there is no way that somebody just made it up. I believe that religion is a small part of my life. I would like it to be a bigger part, but I do also know that I do not have a lot of free time.

I also believe I something kind of strange. I believe that basketball can act as a religion for me. I feel that I can keep me grounded and out of trouble. Also I could set rules for myself, such as to never curse on the court or never play with an attitude or not be a team player. I just feel though that when I am in the gym all alone by myself that the gym, and the ball they are my sanctuary. I feel at peace with my self. Whenever I have any problems I will go play basketball. It is like a religion to me.

I also believe that Jesus was killed on the cross and that he knew what he or she was doing. I strongly believe that he gave up his life for ours. This was the most courageous thing anyone could possibly do. For him to do that for us is the ultimate favor. People rarely thank him for that, but I usually do when I get around to praying once and a while.

I believe that I have no idea what happens to people after they die. I mean what if you die and then your time is up and you just sit 6 feet below everyone else. What if you die and that is that you are done. The reason I believe this is because there is no proof or evidence about heaven. The only thing heaven is based on is strictly faith, and that is what scares me.

These are all of the things that I believe in. I hope you had fun reading my beliefs, and reading the essay.