melissa - petersburg, Virginia
Themes: setbacks

i believe that one day that i will get over my depression.

I believe that my depression started when I was 6 and I was raped by two boys in are neighberhood. I was made to keep quiet about this from my parents. I had to go to school everyday and look the two brother in the eyes that hurt me. When I got older things seem to get worst my brother would pick on me so much that I did’t wont to come home from school each day. I felt so bad at such a early age I just wanted to die. Then when I was 11 I lost my 2nd brother Earl and that was the hardest thing I had to go though I love him so much. then a year later we lost my brother jeff . You would think after all this that I would have some luck but then my cousin raped me and my younger brother. things have been hard for me and my family but we keep going though good and bad. this is the kind of additude that keeps me going each day. thats why I believe that I will get over my depression.