Kate - Dallas, Texas

I believe in the power of coffee. In the morning, after dinner, after lunch, at midnight, on a rainy day, a hundred degree day, when there is a foot of snow on the ground, I will always give into its magic. Decaf or regular, black or with milk, café o’lait or triple espresso; whenever, whatever coffee rocks my world.

Most people believe strongly in the power of kindness or love or equality. I’m not saying that I don’t believe in these things but I believe in something that seems shallow, but isn’t. No offense to the philosophers, but there is something that we all have in common. I believe in an addictive, wonderful, and pungent cup of coffee.

I believe that everyone deserves to wake up on a Saturday to the smell of coffee. Everyone should have the chance to be half asleep and walk into the kitchen, practically stick their nose into a steaming mug, and wake up with a jolt.

I believe that coffee is something that we can all love no matter who we are. After having dinner, no matter where you are, you have coffee. When you’re in New York, you can order some in Java, in Seattle a hot mug of joe, in New Orleans some coffee with chicory, and if you’re not in these cities, just look across the street and there is most likely a Starbucks. This drink is obviously very popular.

I believe that coffee is the king of the breakfast foods. It makes everything taste better. A donut is never complete without being dipped in coffee. Neither is a muffin. This is a very special drink.

This beverage is more than your average drink.