Natalie - minnetonka, Minnesota

I believe that family is an important part of my life. I am fortunate to live with both my mother and father in a loving household. Some of my friends only live with one parent and won’t speak to their other parent. I believe that my family is loving and will always be there when I need them. Even though my family is really busy we can always sit down and have a family dinner.

I believe that siblings are an important part of a family. I have one brother and although we might fight at times I know that we both love each other. My brother always gives me something to do and I know that I can talk to him about anything.

I believe that families need to talk things out and make a decision together as a family. My family recently got a puppy. My mom was not thrilled about getting it but she realized that my dad, my brother, and I all really wanted to get it, so she said we could because she wanted us to be happy.

I believe that extended family is also very important. I have 24 cousins and I am very close to most of them. Since I don’t have a sister, my older cousin Kelli is like a sister to me. She is always there for me if I need to talk. She will take me shopping whenever I want and we go out to lunch quite a bit. I think that she is a great role model for me.

I believe that family means different things to different people. Some people have both a mom and a dad; some people have just a mom; some people have just a dad; and some people don’t have any parents. Next summer I am going on a mission trip to an orphanage in Honduras, and from what I have heard the kids are family to each other.