bianca - corona, California

I believe in “time for myself”. I am a person who everyone thinks I am out all the time with friends having fun. I am most of the time, and I am happy while I am with them. However they are not enough. That’s why I depend on being alone at least once a week. I enjoy spending time with myself. It helps me get through my week.

When I am by myself my mom calls and asks whether why I don’t invite one of my friends, but I simply insist that I don’t want to. Its not that I don’t like them, it’s just that I need time for myself. When I am alone my mom gets suspicious as to why I want to be alone, but she doesn’t understand that listening to music while just laying down looking up at the ceiling makes me feel at peace.

When I dance my stress just leaves my body. Sometimes I just cry from the problems at school , even if they are silly it helps to let them go. Other than that the one thing that helps me the most during my time for myself is my diary. I put every detail that is important for me in their. There are two reasons as of why I have it. One is it helps me vent. The second reason would be so I can look back at it and remember my great, horrible and bittersweet moments. There was a time where it was invaded by my mom and I cried very much because everything personal about me was out in the open. But the thing that helped my was to write in it again and have my time to myself.

Sometimes I find my self lying on my wood floor in my room listening to the sound of my heart beat with my dog laying on my belly. It actually sooths me. I just feel so safe and secure at those moments. Having my time lets me get organized mentally and physically. For some odd reason it makes my problems feel like they have been lifted from my shoulders. I am not saying that your problems will just poof away but that I can handle them with ease. Being alone has made me stronger and the person I am today. That’s why I believe time alone is essential in my life.