Michael - corona, California

Ever since I was a kid I’ve heard of things and opportunities other people like and before me had. The things that past generations failed to achieve or complete. These depictions brought into my mind what my life should be like and how I could shape my destiny to benefit me to the utmost. I believe that anyone has the power to change their life for good or for worse and that hard work pays off in the end.

This philosophy of mine was shaped during my pre-elementary years while my grandfather sat telling me of his days in the army, medical field, business, and everything else he had done in his 77 years. After explaining to me this he told me one more thing “life is what you make out of it, live strong and straightforward with no regrets.” At that age I was really carefree and paid little attention to it while sprinting off to go play at the park around the corner.

Over the years while I matured, I began to unravel the mysteries of my grandfather’s lesson. I finally understood that he meant to do what you want to do (sensibly), know the consequences, and to mold it into whatever path you want to take in life.

Since that day I’ve felt more of a connection to my actions and make sure that what I do is either beneficial to me or will get me one more step to accomplishing my ultimate goals in life.