Michele - Dowagiac, Michigan

Superman. Batman. Wonder woman. The Hulk. Can you guess what I am leading to? Heroes. What is a hero? What are some different definitions of heroes? Those questions can not be answered completely. Different people think different ways. A hero to me is not someone with the ability to fly, shoot webs, turn invisible, or even immortality. It is someone that changes someone for the better. Someone who is there for someone whenever they need someone or they just need to be cheered up.

With that as me definition I would have to say that I have a few heroes. By name they are Casey, Alyssa, Kayla, Jacob, Kyle, and Josh, but by title I call them my best friends. Feel that each of these people will always be here for me. They have all done something different to impact my life.

Kayla and Jacob. Because of them I am not afraid to be myself. They taught me that it is okay to open up to people. Not to be afraid of them. Don’t just trust the ones you have known forever. These two very different people are my shoulder to cry on.

Casey and Alyssa. Well I have known them forever. They have always been there. They taught me that no matter how much someone grows up if there is a connection then it will always be there. True friends are hard to find and when you find one you are lucky. I have found two and I will never let them go. They have been a backbone for me since second grade and they always will be until the day I die.

Last but not least, the two kids that I feel have changed me the very most, Kyle and Josh. I would not be the kind forgiving person I am today without these two. They taught me the love you can have for a person can actually be greater then the love you have for yourself. With the many times they screwed up I have told myself I would never trust them again but everyone makes mistakes and they taught me to forgive the people that do because someday you might make one and you would want the people who you care about to forgive you. The biggest thing they have taught me is that it is healthy to fight. Without fighting life will get boring. You can not possibly be nice to everyone all the time. Life doesn’t work that way and that’s okay.

It doesn’t matter if it is superman or you best friend, a hero is a great thing to have. Without one you have no one to look up to. No one there to make you a better person. You and I are totally different. We think different. These are my heroes, no yours.