There is a special someone for everyone.

Mary - Dowagiac, Michigan
Themes: love

Have you ever wondered what love can really do? Well, love is that one quality that people can’t live without. If everyone would love each other the world would be a much better place. Love is the one thing that keeps people balanced, without love there would be chaos and calamity.

Don’t you think there is that one special person for everyone? For example, if your husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend died, moved away, or you could never see them ever again, and you were so totally and completely in love with them. You know that you will be so devastated that you will never love someone the same again. I have experienced that only once and hopefully never again.

Well, as they say it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

I really think that is a true statement. I mean really, how many people do you know that had loved someone so great, and they say that they can never marry/date someone ever again? I know many people that have been married over 50 years and they are still as much in love as they were back when they first met. I know my parents will be celebrating their 34th wedding anniversary next year. I know for some people that is a long time, but for others it’s not even that many years on the plate. I love my parents, they love me, and each other too.

My experiences with love have taught me that you can find love in places that you never thought of. When I was younger I met this guy and it was love at first sight for me at least. It was the factor of unrequited love. Then, one year my affections went to another guy, and the first guy realized his feelings for me. We became more in love with each other after that. Then, it got to the point that it was just not right. We still remained friends and in my heart I’ll always love him, but I have to move on and get over it. The reason is he moved away and has a girlfriend who, in fact, he is in love with. I will never love someone as much as I loved him.

This is why I believe that if you have love then this world will be a better place, and you will be a better person because of love.