Heaven - Denver, Colorado
Themes: change

We Are Born

“We are born with our eyes closed and our mouths open and we spend our whole lives trying to reverse that mistake of nature.” We need to wake up and open our eyes to see what’s around us. Life offers us many opportunities, but we tend to have our eyes closed so we can’t see them. We always complain about not being able to make something of ourselves, but we don’t see the chances that are right in front of us. We seem to always have our eyes closed because we’re afraid to face reality.

On the other hand, while we’re afraid to face reality, we’re not afraid to open our mouths and criticize it. Even though we have the right to say what we want, it’s not always good. Many times it results in violence. People go around with their mouths open not seeing the people or things their talking about. That causes negative reactions. Last year my friend used to walk around criticizing everything, but mainly people. One day she said something about the wrong person. So after school, the girl went up to my friend and started hitting her. This drew an enormous crowd. She ended up going to the hospital. She learned her lesson, but it’s too bad she had to learn it that way.

If we open our eyes and close our mouths, we can be able to achieve everything. We can also lower the violence rate.