I Believe In Having Annoying Friends

G. John - Woodstock, Georgia

Remember that friend in high school that tried to steal your girlfriend or boyfriend? For me, it was my girlfriend, and I do remember. Her name was Alena. I had just started flirting more regularly, and then John S. all of the sudden steps into our conversation and begins flirting with her. As frustrating as it was at the time, I survived this one incident. Ironically, John and I now remember this incident and laugh. John and I have been good friends for many years, and no matter how annoying he can be, I know he supports me in everything as I support him. John is one of my annoy friends that I believe in because we both can appreciate each other’s positive attributes, along with our flaws.

Going back to my annoying friend, John, where he was always dependable, he could, but then, so could I. I remember when I had received a poor grade on a Spanish test, and all I wanted to do was sit alone and sulk in my own self-pity. Sure enough, John sat down beside me, obviously knowing that this was not my best moments, and he began to tell me how great his life was. Although he did not tell me that exactly, that was all I was choosing to hear at the time. No matter how frustrating I might find John, we are great friends, and we have a lot of great moments.

I remember I was going through difficult girlfriend relationship, and I was miserable most of the time. It was the first time I was heart broken, and I was distraught. John was there for me, and he hardly spoke. By the time I was done sulking, I was feeling upbeat. I had been so upset that I had forgotten to think about how great things were, but John did not let me forget. At a time when all I did was complain and seek and self-pity, he listened. Thank goodness for my annoying and faithful friend John.

Most people envision having at least one good friend who is perfect and everything that you need put into one person. People think that their best friends should be the ones with whom they never have conflict with or endure an awkward moment . This simply is not realistic.

I not only believe in having annoying friends, but I am grateful for the annoying friends that I have had. They are the ones with whom I have been friends with for the longest time. They are the ones that have stuck with me through the years, and they are the ones that I share my greatest memories. To John, I thank you for your friendship, and I miss the times when we annoyed each other most.