laura - western springs, Illinois

I believe that dogs are man’s best friend. They are always loyal and always there for you. Dogs have a continuous flow of unconditional love that is completely priceless. I believe that now matter what happens your dog will always be happy to see you and ready to put a smile on your face.

SEVEN AND A HALF years ago a little black puff ball came into my house for the very first time. It was one of the happiest days of my life. I didn’t get this puppy so easily though. After years of begging, promising to take him for walks everyday, and feed him every night I finally got a puppy in the summer of 2000. We named him Sam and he is a black lab. At first he was my new toy, but unlike other toys this one actually kept me interested for more than just a couple of hours?. Playing with my dog never gets old. He grew to be my best friend after just a couple of days. Sam, like most other dogs, is always happy to see me, jumping around as if we haven’t seen each other for years. But like all good friend we have our “augments”? but again like all good friend we forgive each other. When he was little his puppy teeth would puncture my skin so easily but I forgave him as he forgave me for crawling into his bed late at night. We forgave each other like all close friends do.

I believe that my dog and I are best friends. I trust him with all my secrets because I know he will never tell. I know that Sam will always cheer me on at my crosscountry meets, because he always barks when I run by. I know Sam will always keep me company when I am up late doing homework or studying. I am always sure that Sam will be the first one to put a smile on my face after a long day. I believe dogs are mans best friends because of their extreme loyalty an unconditional love.