Ana - brookfield, Illinois

I believe reading is the connection between two imaginations. Seven years ago when I was in 3rd grade, I was reading a book called The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles. Julie Andrews Edwards, the author of the book had the animated imagination of a child. The book is about two ambitious children and an obscure old man going out on the hunt in another world trying to find a whangdoodle. Finding such a creature was considered unheard of, but this man had just the right tools to do the job. As the story went on, I felt like I was going along with the characters on their search for a whangdoodle. Julie Andrews Edwards uses such an entertaining style that anyone who reads her books will enjoy them. I really got into the story. When the children were taught about the gadgets the old man would be using, I imagined I was also sitting in front of the old man hearing about the wonderful functions of these strange objects. As their adventure escalated, I was on the edge of my seat until the last word of the very last page. I took the book with me everywhere I went; in the car, to the store, to school and I read it every night before I went to sleep until I was finished. It was wacky, funny and exciting which is just how my personality was when I was little. I felt like Julie Andrews Edwards had lent me her imagination for a few hundred pages. I completely connected to the book as if I had written it myself. Even today, The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles is my favorite book. Whatever age you are, Julie Andrews Edwards will capture your attention and bring you along for the ride. No matter if you like to read or not, if you pick up one of her books there is no doubt you will be hooked and unable to put it down. If I could have, I would have read that book from start to finish in one day if I had the time. So reading isn’t so bad. You just have to find a good book.