Brian - LaGrange, Illinois

I believe that danger is my middle name. The definition of danger is exposure or vulnerability to harm or risk, and I would do anything involving risk just to have a few laughs, or make some good memories with my friends.

Not too long ago, it was the last day of summer and me and my friends, Danny and Jeff, wanted to find something to do. We wanted to do something that we would always remember as the time that I did something stupid just to make that last day of summer fun and exciting. So we were all walking around downtown LaGrange and I had this great idea, I suggested that we blow up my friend’s razor scooter with fireworks (he wasn’t there at the time so he had no idea we were about to destroy his scooter). So we went back to Danny’s house and found his stash of fireworks. We then took out the scooter and started strapping exploding fireworks to it. After lighting a couple of these fireworks, we got kind of bored, so we had this other awesome idea, what if I, rode around on the scooter while we lit off fireworks from the back? At first I thought that would be dangerous, which it was, but I wanted to do it anyways because danger is my middle name. So we duct taped 3 huge fireworks onto the back and one of the biggest smoke grenades I have ever seen. So once we had it all situated I went out to the street and prepared for my journey on an exploding scooter. We then counted down 3, 2, 1, then lighted all of them at the same time, and I just took off. Within about 2 seconds I hear a very loud whistling sound and an explosion from a bottle rocket, the sparks from a huge fountain, and the explosion from the other rocket. I was also covered in red white and blue smoke and just looked like an exploding American flag riding up and down on the street. After all the explosions end and I get off of the scooter, me and my friends just fell to the ground laughing and couldn’t stop. Once we got control of ourselves we got up and realized that this memory will stay in our minds for ever and this all occurred just because I decided to be risky or dangerous. After this happened, I now truly believe that danger is my middle name.