Bobby - Willow Springs, Illinois

I believe in cooking good food

Good food to me soothes my mind and is a good way of releasing stress. It is a way of bringing people closer in more ways than one. Food that tastes good doesn’t just fill you appetite, it makes you feel better about yourself. Most food that is fast and cheap is often unhealthy for you. When you cook food you want, you know what is in it and how healthy it is.

Food is more than something you eat to gain energy and vitamins, it is a lifestyle for some and a hobby for others. When you create food for yourself that is fresh and appetizing, it makes your attitude brighten. You can be happier and feel better about each day because you have accomplished something.

I never thought that cooking would be something that I would do. Since I participate in so many things after school, I wasn’t sure that I would have time to start up a new hobby. I had do it because I had never felt a feeling like this for sports. Cooking wasn’t the easiest thing to being. It took many spills and broken eggs to be at least where I am now. Also watching all of the cooking shows at night for some recipes helped me a lot. I hope some day that I can be a true chef, and maybe open my own restaurant. I hope to go to college and major in business and minor in some cooking class so my dream of owning a restaurant can come true.

Cooking for me didn’t just help me eat healthier and more appetizing food, it helped me feel like I had accomplished something. When you feel that you have done something to be a better person, there is no better feeling in the world.