My big Bruce

Seble - Chestnut hill, Massachusetts
Themes: Christianity

“Jesus, the son of GOD, loves us until death,” she said- our tall, thin, Sunday school teacher. “He could have stopped ‘those bad guys’” and she pause for few second. Her face got red and layers formed on top of layers in between her dark eyebrows. “But he did not! He wanted us to be saved by his death!” and she wetted her lips, her voice rose again, “He wasn’t like any of us, sinners, so he did not stay dead. He rose up!” she breathe out hard. Her face brightened up and her lips were weak to cover her smile, perhaps from her happiness.

“Uh…!” we all howled in unison. We knew it was not fiction but it was hard for us to believe. We reached forward from our seats to see each others expression.

My back was stirght, wide opened eyes, open mouth with dry lips, legs hovering over the floor and my ponitales were making the clicking sound caused by swing head. More than all I was feeling a powerful thing going through me from head to toe. In mind my thought were on “love?” as easy as it is to convince a child, these lesson stayed as big a bruce in my mind.

As I grow up I started wondering what Jesus would want from me as exchange for his love. I asked my elders and teacher and their answer was “It is love as it is stated in John 3-16 ‘For GOD so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him shall not parish but have eternal life,’ he don’t want anything reply except you should believe in him to be saved.” And therefore I loved him more

I accept him as my own savior. It was really easy for me because he loved me first. I gave him my everything and to know him better I started reading bible. I believe in him.

I live for him, he is mine and no one will take me away. I live for him every day. He is what I believe. True Love is foundation for my life. Therefore my culture is Christianity-following JESUS CHRIST.