Caleb - beaverton, Oregon

I believe that saving your money can benefit you in the future. I believe that saving money to buy bigger things later is much better than buying little things now. My name is Caleb and I am a senior in High School. Like most students my age, I tend to spend more money on things like wants other than needs. I would buy things like CD’s, games, movies, Ipods, and just about anything that I enjoyed. Throughout most of my life, whenever I had money I would spend it recklessly in a couple of days and I didn’t manage my money very efficiently, my money would be drained within a couple of days of getting. I didn’t even think about saving my money so I can buy something in the future that’s more useful. One day I was at my bank withdrawing money from my atm and as I was withdrawing my money and the words “insufficient funds” came up, I was now broke left with no money. I was confused why all my money was gone and I was trying to find out what I’ve been spending all my money on. I then realized that even the littlest things like eating out, and buying CD’s end up adding up, costing a lot of money. After that experience, I knew that I was spending way too much money on things that I didn’t need, I needed to start saving up. I came up with different ways to help me conserve and save my money. One of the ways to help me save money was to not eat out as much, and start eating at home. Another method that I came up with was to give my self a budget of money for each week. Instead of spending as much money as I wanted to, I would give myself a certain amount of money every day or week to keep me from spending recklessly. If I continue to save my money I will have a lot more money later on so that I can buy bigger and better things that are more useful like a car and college tuition. If you think about it, do you really need all these hamburgers and CD’s? You’re probably going to end up changing your style of music or maybe even becoming a vegetarian. These things are small compared to many other bigger things you could get in the future by saving up money. What’s more important, 10,000 hamburgers now, or a car later?