The Truth About Trust

siriwat - portland, Oregon
Themes: integrity

What if there is no trust in anyone? What if everyone got in fights because they don’t trust each other? The world would be in a disaster and with out peaceful, I believe that everyone has trust in themselves and telling the truth all time.

The truth is important to everybody. If there is no truth, there would be no trust in people. Everyone should believe in their self all the time because believing in yourself is the best way to be comfortable in anything you are doing.

It all started when I was a little kid, when the other older people told me everything that is not true and I always fall for them. I have a cousin but i call him as a brother, because when I was not even born my mother took care of my cousin since he was little because his mother and father (my uncle) got divorced. One time, I was told that there would be a soccer game at school on Saturday in the afternoon by my brother. I knew that he might be lying so i asked him again to make sure if he was telling me the truth. He smiled and said, “I’m telling you the truth bro!”

On Saturday morning I woke up and got ready to go play soccer at school, I told my brother to wake up but he told me to go to the game first and he would meet me there. I was the first person who got to the field and started to warm up. Then my brother asked, “Did you have fun?” Then I got even more mad, so I told my mom about it but my brother still didn’t get punished. So I got mad at both, my mom and my brother for a week, but then I became happy because they got me a present on my birthday the week after. I hate my brother when he lies.

Sometimes I wish there were no lies in this world so I can trust everyone. I believe people should trust each other because it would be easier for us people to get along and be more peaceful. Peace is important to the world.