I learn a lot of things from other people

tomoki - conway, Arkansas

Do you think you learn many things from other people? I learn a lot of things from other people. I had played baseball for 9 years, so I met a lot of different types of people. Each person has a different attitude. Some people always think about positive things, and some people always think about negative things. Everyone’s attitude effects their lives in different ways.

When I was a high school student, I met Hayama, who taught me to play baseball. He was always positive. The first time I met him, I was a very negative person. I always thought about bad things. I was always afraid of making mistakes. Every time he taught me, he said “If you think about negative things, you will not get a good result. You should be positive”. He always asked me, “If you make a mistake, are you going to die?” His answer was that even if you make a mistake; you are not going to die, so you don’t need to worry about mistakes.

He had changed my personality in a good way. I always think about good things and now I am not afraid of mistakes. After that, I got much better at baseball. I learned a lot of things from him. He taught me not only skills, but also spiritual strength. I believe positive thinking is very important in everything. I think if I didn’t meet him, I couldn’t have gone to the U.S. because I always worried about the results.

Now if something bad happens to me, I always try to think about good things. For example, if I get sick, I think positive to help me heal quicker.

Every day, I learn something new from other people. Other people make me strong and give me numerous ideas. If I meet many various people, I will be able to learn several things from them, so I want to meet a lot of different types of people.