Megan - Babylon, New York

I believe a little chaos never hurt anyone. Something I have come to realize about myself is that whenever I am faced with several tasks at hand, or feel a bit overwhelmed, I tend to be more organized and more successful.

I believe my mom has a great deal to do with this philosophy. For as long as I can remember, my mom has been constantly going-whether she is working, cleaning up, helping others, or planning some kind of event. I realize, at times, it drives me crazy because I know that means there is always something she can find for me to be doing. However, over the years I have come to find that I am too, much more productive and creative when I keep myself busy.

During my high school years, I chose to take on a rigorous class schedule, and insisted on staying in our school’s meticulous art program, all while continuing to be a student athlete and involved in various extra curricular activities. At times the workload really stressed me out, to the point of wanting to quit. However, on the nights where I had two big art projects and a test hanging over my head, I usually found my work to be at its best. I’ve learned to use the skills I have developed in high school, and apply them to be a much more industrious person now.

I believe when you are faced with a lot of confusion and responsibilities in life, it will force you to organize your time, and perform each task in the most efficient way possible. I also believe a little chaos may drive and motivate you to achieve things to the best of your ability, and be proud of what you have accomplished.