Colten - Buda, Texas

In my life, I have had my low points where I thought that I wouldn’t amount to anything and that that, “other guy”, would always be better than I could be. Then, I would have my high points when I felt like I was on top of the world. This is why I believe in falling. I believe that falling into a low point in your life can end up making you stronger and happier if you get back on your feet. It’s like the saying, “If you fall, get back up,” and it works like a charm for me and that’s why I believe in it.

For example, when I tried out for the basketball team in the eighth grade and made the “B” team, I felt devastated. Every one of my friends made the “A” team and it made me feel like I was falling, like I wasn’t as talented as they were. So, instead of quitting, I got back on my feet and worked twice as hard as anyone else. By the fifth game I was starting on the “A” team and I felt like I was floating on the clouds knowing that my hard work had paid off.

I feel that when people experience tough times they seem to dwell over whatever their problem is. This is why I choose to make the best of a dilemma, do my best to get back on my feet, and try to pull out something good from the crummy situation. This is why I believe in falling, because you never know what will happen once you stand back up again.