The Power of Choice

Jessica - Manchaca, Texas

I believe in the power of the choices we make. One small choice in a person’s life has to power to take hold and spin it out of control. I believe in choice because people have their own minds and make their own decisions then watch how their life changes because of it.

Think about a time when you were a kid and you made a choice whether to hang out with your friends or to do your homework. How did it affect your life today? Are you getting straight A’s in school or are you skipping class behind the building? I believe one choice can make a persons life any where from the most horrible life you can imagine to the most wonderful. By making choices you can take control of your life, all you have to do is make the choices you believe in.

When I was young I didn’t think I had power over my own life I thought my parents had it all. Now that I think about it I had a lot more control than I thought. My parents could not pick my friends or make me turn in last night’s homework. The choices I made as a kid helped to make me into the person I am today.

As you get older you are presented with many choices and the answers are not always clear. One decision can set off a chain of events in your life and you may believe it is unfixable but one more decision can stop and even correct the chain. There is nothing in life that is set in stone and we all have the power of choice.