Everybody Needs Music

Jason - Katy, Texas

I truly believe that everyone needs music. Music can stimulate brain cells, relax you, pump you up, and most importantly, music helps make you who you are. Whenever someone is down on themselves, he/ she can turn on some happy music, and that could lift that person’s spirits up. Music that Relates to my life really makes an impact on me. The tunes you listen to can change your personality, the way you dress, the way you talk, and other important things in life. It is important that you listen to music that you enjoy or you could be letting other people help dictate your view on life. I also believe that the more musically diverse you are when it comes to the genres you listen to, the more you can relate to different types of people.

Many scholars say that music can help someone study. Experts have always said that listening to classical music stimulates brain cells; however, recently, many experts are saying that rock music can also stimulate brain cells. It is said that the sound of the guitar can help alert the brain and can better prepare you to learn and stay focused.

Many athletes such as myself use hip/ hop or rock to get ourselves pumped up before sports games. The music can really help a lot! Another way music impacts my life is it impacts my personality. The type of music that I listen to often affects the way I think, the way I dress, and the things I want to do. All of these things when put together, are a big part of who I am.

The type of music someone listens to helps make that person unique. I encourage everyone to listen to music. It is amazing how the human mind can write music, or play it for that matter. So go find some music that makes you feel great, because it is a very important thing in everyone’s lives, and without it, the world would be a very different place. Whether its Rap, Rock & Roll, or Country, let’s take advantage of the privileges God gave us!