Nick - St. Charles, Missouri

Making it through life day in and day out is a very hard task for many people. There are always things going on, whether it is at work, school, and even sports. People face challenges every day and have to learn how to deal with them. For me, school and sports are the obstacles that I face pretty much everyday. At the status I am at now, being my senior year, things have become easier to handle. I have found a way in order to make it through the things life throws at me and that is by staying positive, which is a must, and hard work.

Staying positive for me is one of the biggest things you can do when you are attempting to achieve something. When I set out a goal, I do my best to reach that goal. Whether or not I will, who knows, but the attitude I always have while trying to complete the goal is an encouraging one. What good are you doing for yourself by having a negative attitude? It’s going to shoot down and hope you had of success. I believe a positive thinking person will have a better success rate than a negative thinker. This has become a part of me between the two things that occupy most of my life, school and soccer.

I also believe that hard work is a key ingredient in success. There is always room to get better in anything you do, and to get at a higher level, you must be willing to put in the work. By nature I am a hard working person who likes to look back on my success and realize that it may not have happened if it was not for the time and effort I spent to reach that point. A lot of things would not have worked out for me if I did not keep the attitude that I had. This is advice that I would give to any younger kid that is growing up. I believe this is a good way to live life.