Peter - St. Louis, Missouri

I am an American Roman Catholic and I believe in the power of prayer. Praying is something that I have overlooked in my many years of going to church and praying to God, but praying is a way to relieve all that stress built up from the day’s events. In my room there is a Buddhist prayer wheel. Even though I am a Catholic I still believe that you can pray to God even through a different style of praying. A Buddhist prayer wheel can still be used to pray to the one and only God and having it in my room serves as a constant reminder that I need to pray every day. The world today is one that involves constant violence and struggle for peace on earth. I believe that if everybody would take 5 or 10 minutes out of their day and just relax and pray that this world would be better able to achieve its ultimate goal of peace and nonviolence. I believe in going to church every week so that we can share our personal thoughts privately with the Lord. I attend mass each weekend and it is something that has brought me to understand God much better and I fully appreciate the power of prayer. My appreciation for prayer power came when I was a junior in high school as my Biology teacher preached the power of prayer on the very first day of class. It made me realize that just a minute a day is sometimes all I need to fully connect with God. I owe a lot to that teacher as she has made me understand the true power of prayer in my life. All I can say now is that if I never fully realized the power of praying then I would not be the person I am today and I would not have such a strong belief in God week in and week out. I will always remember each day to pray because of my Buddhist prayer wheel which was a gift to me from my older brother and I will always remember that it was him who opened my mind to different methods of praying each day.