Jaime - Santa Maria, California

I believe that spanking does work. As a child, my parents did not let me ride my bike any further than just around the block. I knew that because they always told me, “Remember, just around the block” and like any other child I would imagine I just blew them off. So one day my friends and I decided to go to McDonalds on our bikes and McDonalds was not around the block. I left my house that afternoon without saying much to my mom besides letting her know I was going out with my friends, but for some reason she suspected something was up. It must have been mother instinct because I have no other explanation why she decided to go and investigate that particular time. We got on the road and we rode our bikes almost all the way there, until I saw my mom in a car with one of my friends’ mom. My jaw dropped, I felt myself get pale, sweaty and, most important I knew I was in deep shit. My mom rolled her window down from the car and just said, “Get your bike and yourself in here.” I knew when my dad got home I was going to get it, and that’s all I thought about the whole way home, it felt like an eternity because deep down inside I knew I was going to get a spanking. It was inevitable, like death, I just knew it. Well my worst thoughts came true, I got spanked. I still remember watching television an hour or two after getting spanked, and out of the blue I started to sob. That’s when I knew I had learned my lesson. My parents never really spanked me, but when they did they made it clear why I was getting spanked. Up until this day I can tell you all of the twelve times I’ve been spanked and for what they been for but yet I can’t remember a forth of the times I’ve been grounded. As a young adult I always argued with my parents that there was no need for spanking, but now that I’m older, and I see my younger sisters disobey my parents I encourage them to do it. I was a bit of a trouble maker as a child, but one thing that I never crossed twice was something I got spanked for in the past. Believe it or not my best lessons in life involved me getting spanked. Now that I’m older I thank my parents because looking back I did deserve them; and if they had not done it God only knows where I would be.