Chris - Naples, Florida

I believe a person can change the way they live and act. Growing up I’ve seen many people try to change a part of their life; others have attempted to change everything. In talk shows I’ve seen loved ones argue with one another because they don’t want to change. To a lot of people change is everything, just as it is to me. I’ve had someone very close to me once tell me that no-one can change. Due to what has happen to her in the past she wouldn’t believe me when I said I could change. Ever since our relationship ended the question has stayed in my mind. Can someone really change? In my mind a person can change if they apply themselves to it. I know that I have the ability to change because I have changed a lot already. I’ve stopped acting like a kid and have matured a lot. Even though I knew It wasn’t right and that it was illegal I had drank liquor when I was younger and got severely addicted. I’d always want to go out and party, I always saw the commercials and everything, my friends would joke around and call me an alcoholic. The sad thing was though I had been, I could just feel it in me to need another bottle or shot. I realized it affected me a lot and I wasn’t having as much fun as I used to. My girlfriend at the time very much disliked me drinking even a little bit. Then one day I just decided I needed a change. I changed jobs, I stopped drinking all together, and I’ve changed the way I act towards others. I’m proud of whom I am and the way my life is. Even if a lot of people don’t think I’m cool because I don’t drink it doesn’t bother me. I can live how I want to and not let anyone change me. That is the biggest change in my life. I believe anyone that wants to change can and should.