Andrew - Pennsylvania
Themes: family, love

I Believe in Clorox Bleach

Mama keeps the clothes bright like the sunshine,

Mama’s got the magic of Clorox bleach.

I believe in Mama’s magic. I believe in the way I feel when I come home and am tucked into bed. I believe in my Mama who’s magic becomes bright like the sunshine when things seem to be stained. I believe in how she can instantly cure you of your bad feelings. I believe in her magic that makes her strong enough to hold up those around her. I believe in the magic that makes me want to support her and be there for her at any moment. I believe in my Mama’s magic when she’s mad at me, and when she’s happy. I believe in Mama’s magic that seeps into your bones and makes you want to cuddle. I believe in Mama’s magic when she hugs you, how you feel like nothing bad can come to you. I believe in Mama’s support and inspiration. I believe in Mama’s voice on the sideline cheering on a game. I believe in the never shuddering, ever standing stonewall. I believe in Mama’s eggs benedict on a Sunday morning. I believe in Mama’s gift. I believe in Mama’s story, Mama’s life. I believe in Mama’s toilet plunging skillz.

I believe in Mama’s magic. I believe in Mama’s strength. I believe in Mama’s music, Mama’s dance. When Mama dances, it’s enough to make everybody in the room wish they were right next to her. I believe in the Tooth Fairy. I believe in Mama’s magic ability to clean off any stain known to man. I believe in Mama’s laughter. I believe in Mama’s mischief. I believe in Mama’s ice cream. I believe that Mama has the magic to listen. I believe Mama has the magic to solve problems. I believe in Mama’s roast chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes. I believe in Mama’s house. I believe in Mama’s room, Mama’s bed. Mama’s magic is always there; it will never leave. Mama’s magic is always welcome.

I believe in Mama’s magic. I believe in mama. I believe in Mama’s love.