The Right to Love

Brittany - Nashua, New Hampshire
Themes: love

This I believe, the right to love the person you choose. No matter what type of relationship it is, love that person as much as possible.

I know that love is what keeps us alive. It is the only thing that keeps peace in this world. If people ceased to love than this world would no longer exist, no matter what.

What is love? I could not exactly tell you. It is just one of those things that once you have experienced, you just know. I can look at my fiancé, everyday, and all that I feel is love. That is what he has given me. That warm felling inside, the pounding of your heart, the butterflies in your stomach, the feeling of being lost when they are far away…this is truly love.

I know that I am in what others believe is a typical and ordinary relationship but there is nothing ordinary about our relationship. We are not like any other couple out there. We are in our own special category that I like to call my Cinderella story. We are a couple that society accepts, a heterosexual couple, but let everyone love who they want.

This I believe, everyone should be able to love whomever they so choose to. Whether a man is with a woman or a man, and whether a woman is with a man or woman. This should not matter to anyone. Love is valid no matter who you love. If they love each other, than the government should let them do so.

This I believe, the right to love that person, no matter what.