Kayla - Hartford, Wisconsin

I believe that no one can go a day without a smile. Even if you think tat you will be mad all day, a smile will turn up. I learned this from my Grandy (grandma). She is smiling all the time, and tells everyone that smiling makes everyone and everything around you feel good. Smiling is important in your life in order for you to feel joy and everyone who looks at you, instead of the days being gloomy all the time.

Once when I was at my Grandy’s house during the summer, my brother had an attitude that needed to be adjusted. He had a scrunched up face, like he smelled something really bad. But he was actually mad at my other brother, which also made him become mad at everyone else. It’s like a continuous cycle, until a smile comes around. So finally, after my brother stopped walking away from my Grandy and lay down on the couch with his head in his arms, she sat next to him to talk. I was just listening to her attentively as she was slowly talking to him. She told him, “Neither you, nor anyone around you will have a fun day if there is a frown on your face, so turn that frown upside down.” I thought about that for a while. So why should people have a frown on their face, when just a simple smile can make someone’s day?

A smile can say hi, or just extend friendship to someone, but most of all, smiles make the world a brighter, happier place. So whenever you get mad at a brother, sister, parent, or even friend. Just remember you’re just giving yourself, and the people around you, a bad day as well. Talk to someone about your feelings or forgive and forget to make yourself more joyful with everyone else. Also to remember that smiling takes fewer muscles than frowning. Who knows, maybe your face will get stuck like that if you frown too much, or you’ll get tons of wrinkles all over your face before your even thirty! So don’t forget to smile all the time, and the brighter your life shall become.