Rebecca - orem, Utah

Chocolate For Testing

Fifth grade- what an awesome year. I had the most amazing teacher, she taught me so many wonderful and useful things. The most important of which I’ve been able to use through out my whole school career, “Chocolate helps you test better.” 42

I believe that chocolate really does help me test better. 10

Right before the state test at the end of the year, she gave us a couple chocolate Kisses and Tootsie Rolls. She had never given us chocolate for a test before, so I guess she was saving it up for this big one. She told us that if we ate chocolate right before, and during the test, it would help us think and remember clearly. So we all did what she said, and through the whole test I could remember pretty much exactly how to do everything. After the test I felt that I had done remarkably well.

Ever since then I eat CHOCOLATE for every test I take. It just makes me feel confident and opens my mind. It may be the ingredients of chocolate: the caffeine may wake my mind up, or it may be a mindset; what ever it is, it works! Since I started eating chocolate to help me on my tests, I have been doing really quite well on them. Tests that I may not have studied well enough for, I can amazingly get a 95 or better. I am fully convinced that it is due mostly to the fact that I eat chocolate just before and during tests.

I have learned many things in my life, many of which have been essential. But the one that sticks with me the most is that, “Chocolate helps you test better.” And it’s all thanks to my fabulous 5th grade teacher.