Ali - Fairfield, Connecticut

This I Believe: Melodies & Beats.

I believe in a good song. I believe in melodies and beats, rhythm and blues, highs and lows. I believe in the oldies and the goodies, the rock and the roll, the hip and the hop. A good song can change a mood, lift the soul, and stir the emotions. I don’t know that I’ve ever been more content, and more at home, than on a late summer day, driving through the New England country and playing a good song. The music, intertwining with the sun on my skin and the wind in my hair, is enough to make anyone reevaluate the important things in life. All I know is that, one day, when I’m all done living life, I hope to be able to look back and remember the music that once set me free.

I remember my first real song. The first song I really loved, that I played over and over again, ‘til I knew every word, every beat, every skip on the old vinyl of my dad’s albums by heart. Eventually the album got replaced by another song, another album, another band to swoon over, but it didn’t matter. I had still learned something from music. From my first song I learned the power of music. I learned the depth of emotions a song can connect with.

So I believe in turning up the radio, rolling down the windows, and singing along. I believe that music is the key to the heart, and I believe in the power of a good song.