Katie - 85236, Arizona

Living Well

Have you ever had that feeling where you felt like you were stuck? That life had stopped being interesting? Almost everyone has, and for me this just happened recently, and I didn’t like it. Questions arose like, why do I feel this way? And what can I do to change the way I feel? No the answer wasn’t to watch Oprah with a box of tissues and ask why me, but rather to get up and do something about it. Someone once said, choose your attitude, and that’s what I did. But don’t be fooled, the change didn’t come that easily.

First I had to be a better person in the friendships with people around me, and the relationships with my family. Next I had to make the best of my situation at work, and wow that was a challenge, believe me. Then I had to realize that the weight of the world wasn’t on my shoulders and that I shouldn’t let every little thing stress me out. Add this all up and it was the perfect equation for happiness in my life, for now.

But my next question is, in the future when I am an adult; will I feel this way again and what could I do when I feel that way? One of my biggest fears, and I mean this in the most loving way, is to end up like my parents. They sit at a desk everyday, at jobs they’ve done for 25 years, and they are both miserable and hate what they do. I don’t want that to be me thirty years from now. I don’t want to be a person that feels meaningless in life with nowhere to go. This, I believe, that I have a right to go for my dreams, to feel passionate about something, to try and gain a sense of true self acceptance and happiness. This is what I believe, and the next time I lose sight of this I just need to remember that I deserve to try and make my life better, that I can make a light at the end of my tunnel. My life may be difficult at times, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t find something to make it that much easier. This, I believe.