Terel - Cave Creek, Arizona
  • Top 100 Essays USB Drive

Driving down the same road you have a million times, looking at the scenery pass by and a song comes on. It doesn’t matter if you have never heard the song or if it’s your favorite, but the scenery changes. Not visually, nothing physically moves or changes in any real way, but your mental state changes along with everything that is going on. The sunshine moves with the mood of the song. The colors fit perfectly all together. Bringing you up and down as if it were explaining every feeling you have at that particular point in time. Your troubles and stress float away, and everything disappears except that feeling. You haven’t moved from where you are, but you’re so far away in a different and better place that you don’t want to go back.

Music can even make you sad but it’s still the feeling you want, and you never want it to end. You just want to sit there and let the song take you over. It doesn’t matter the voice or the words, just the music and how it holds on to you.

For every feeling in the world there is a sound or a set of sounds that explains it perfectly. Every song is a feeling its creator felt and feels every time they hear or play it. Though that same song could mean something entirely different to one that’s listening to it.

There are only a selection of people who can truly understand and love music. Many of these people feel compelled to take another approach and create their own music. Listening and losing yourself in song is an amazing thing, but creating a mix of sounds that hits real deep is truly a moving experience.

So the next time your thoughts bring you to an unbearable place, just listen to Dark Side of the Moon and all of your stress will be relieved.