Matt - Paradise Valley, Arizona

Education

“Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes

It’s all a big game until you turn 4 years old. That is when life ends. Or is it that life actually begins? At that age, you are deemed eligible to begin your education. Most start off in a Pre-school setting, while other, more “gifted” children jump straight into kindergarten. We don’t realize it but for the next 18 or so years of your life, everything in your world revolves around one word, school.

I am a very strong believer in the educational system built in our country. I feel that a good education can be an extremely beneficial experience in the life of a young man or woman. Furthermore, I feel that it is a complete necessity to fulfill one’s academic duties in a timely, orderly fashion. HOWEVER, there is something wrong with the fact that children and young adults are allowed to slip through the cracks, and cheat, bargain, and/or pay their way to a high school degree.

We as a society have become to loose. We as a society have become too extravagant. We as a society have let down our children without them even knowing it. Our stance is that “ Ya, we will push them only to what they can handle, and then once they reach that point we can simply draw them back into their comfort zone and let them cruise until the finish.” This is true because I have witnessed it firsthand.

I am not saying that every kid needs to be the next Einstein. But I certainly feel that everyone needs to be pushed past their pre-determined boundaries and left out to fend for themselves to really see what they are made of. Rick Ross’ song “Push It” is perfect because it tells you to “break the mold” and keep on pushing.