matt - scottsdale, Arizona
Themes: death

Death

Most people say they aren’t afraid of death. But deep down inside, everyone yearns to be on this earth as long as possible. That’s why death is so hard to grasp for some people. The loss of someone you love can be the worst experience in your life. The pain seems like it will never go away or never lessen. But death is as much a part of your journey as life itself.

Knowing your going to die can make anyone depressed and feel that there is no point. But I feel that the notion that there is an end makes the road to it that much more important. The experiences we have and the things we do are what’s important, not what the end holds.

I think that the desire to have something after death is what created religion as we know it. The most common factor between all religions is that there is a place to go to after we leave this earth. Knowing that gives people hope to continue on in there life and helps prepare them for death.

Death, to me, is the ultimate good bye. You leave all that you have known and venture into the unknown. It can be scary to leave. But I feel that death is as much of an adventure as our life on earth. And I, for one, am looking forward to what lays beyond this life.