BRUCE - SPEARFISH, South Dakota
Age Group: 65+

I believe that in a free country all media commentators have a moral obligation to go beyond negativism and offer their proposals for solution. For example, Dan Schorr criticized the Israeli government for so-called “wallitis” in building the Palestine-Israel wall of separation to lessen terrorist attacks launched against Israel. Dan’s support was twofold. Robert Frost’s poem indicting walls–a dubious premise that most rural farmbelt families would reject. Plus a facile parallel to the Soviet’s militarily-imposed Berlin Wall to suppress German’s freedom of movement, which ultimately failed. Every such commentator should, in a free society, tell what better choices the Israeli parliament should make. And why they are better. I believe that’s a moral responsibility for all who enjoy the people’s airwaves.