Brandon - Manchester, Missouri

BFF – Best Friends Forever

We all have friends, at least I hope we all have friends, and some of us have best friends that we trust and can tell anything to. The verse “a rope that is woven of three strings is hard to break” (Ecclesiastes 4:12) talks about how friends are needed to keep each other strong.

Last year I was in desperate need of a friend, not just any friend, but a friend that would “be more loyal than a brother” (Proverbs 18:24). I had been going through a rough time in my life and I needed a friend. This friend came in a very unexpected person. She and I are best friends now and we help each other grow in Christ everyday.

I think its really cool how God puts people in your life at just the right time. Like just this past winter I was dealing with a really tough issue and I was hiding it from her. But I realized that as my best friend and as a brother in Christ I had to tell her. It broke her heart to hear about what I had done, but in the end she forgave me because, “that’s what friends do, they forgive each other” (Shrek). Her and I live with Christ at the middle of our friendship and I believe that God gave us friends as a gift and a tool to make it through this life, “as iron sharpened iron, so people can improve each other” (Proverbs 27:17).

One of our favorite songs is “Best Friend” by Weezer. We love this song because it talks about loving your best friend and doing anything for that person. I believe that friends, and especially best friends, are needed to get us through the rough spots of life and to encourage us in our times of need. To quote a line from Fox and The Hound, “we’ll always be friends forever. Yea, forever.”