Cagney - Morehead, Kentucky

Patience

I believe that people are not patient anymore. Nobody wants to take the time to have in-depth conversations with their friends and family. Instead they text message each other on their cell phones to get straight to the point.

Most people don’t have the patience to stand in lines, making them do all their shopping on line. All they have to do is go to a website, pick out the item, and then fill out where they want it to be sent.

Majority of people don’t take the time to cook a nice meal, sit down with their family and just talk about how their day went. Nowadays, families just go through the drive-thru of fast food restaurants. This causes families to never take the time to visit with one another.

I feel like everybody is just going from one place to another going at least 90 mph in their mind. They never have the time to get to know each other. They go from doing things like school, to work, to practice, to doing chores, studying and doing homework, etc.

I really just wish people didn’t think it was necessary to try and do 150 things in one day. Deadlines do not need to get pushed up if it isn’t an emergency. Most people just need to have the patience to spend quality time with others. You never know when it is going to be the last time you see them.