sunny - el paso, Texas
Themes: hope

In my experience, I have found that it is easy to lose Faith, Peace, and Love, if you don’t have Hope. Hope is fundamental in achieving those three things. When people lose hope, they no longer enjoy living their life.

I used to have a lot of faith, until I was told I was not going to Heaven simply because I am gay. My beliefs in the Lord have never changed, but my perspective of the people who taught me my faith has chased me away from the church. No longer did I want to be taught that just because I am this way the Lord will not accept me. No one wants to hear stuff like that and people like that have made me lose peace with others. Now all of the sudden I started to get defensive with any gay comment made. Harsh comments like that made me run away from love. The fear of loving someone of the same sex made me avoid my feelings and live a sad and lonely life. I gave up on all three things. I got pushed away from my faith, lost peace, and avoided love, I was no longer happy. I became this bitter angry person inside. But then I read a story about how it is easy for the flames of Faith, Peace, and Love to go out from your candle, but as long as the candle of Hope is still lit, you can relight the three candles again.

I feel hope can get me through anything no matter what the situation. With this hope I have made faith my own and not what some Priest tells me. No one else’s opinions matter to me cause I am at peace with myself, and I’ll love with all that I am because this is what hope has taught me.