Sabrena - RAYTOWN, Missouri

This I believe: Life is made up of choices, and there are consequences to every decision I make, sometimes desirable, sometimes not. Ultimately, I am responsible for the things I choose.

I choose to love my husband. I choose to stay with him no matter what. I choose to yell at my kids. I choose to panic or to stay calm. I choose to be faithful to my husband. I choose to be satisfied with what I have. I choose to follow Jesus. I choose to not cry. I choose to FREAK out. I choose to be committed to something. I choose to try with my dad. I choose to sit still and do nothing. I choose to be on this computer rather than engaging with my kids. I choose to work out every day. I choose what garbage to eat. I choose to not lose my temper when someone cuts me off in traffic.

I choose words that build people up, not tear them down. I choose to drink lots of coffee all the time. I choose to exaggerate. I choose to speak the truth to my friends. I choose the relationships that are in my life right now. I choose to not have a relationship with my dad right now.

I choose to bite my nails. I choose to walk away. I choose to gossip. I choose to keep my mouth shut. I choose to be a stay at home mom. I choose to be a fitness instructor. I choose to take risks, to step outside of my comfort zone and be the person I can be instead of the person I’ve always been. I choose to be part of a movement. I choose to find solutions. I choose to wallow in self-pity. I choose to move forward. I choose to stay stuck.

I choose to be greedy. I choose to feel pain and sorrow and joy and excitement. I choose to shut down. I choose to go to Royals games. I choose to be fit. I choose to MOVE. I choose to NEVER be satisfied. I choose to have high expectations for myself and everyone around me. I choose to hold my children to a higher standard. I choose to get out of bed in the morning. I choose to not listen to that tape that plays in my head telling me I’m a disaster. I choose to be goofy. I choose to hold a grudge. I choose to love others even when it’s hard, when no one else will, and when they don’t love me back. I choose to have boundaries. I choose where to spend my energy.

I don’t find myself in situations or fall into things. My circumstances are a direct result of the choices I make everyday. Sometimes I make good choices, other times, not so much. But I choose to take responsibility, and I choose to make a difference. This I believe.