Irma - 79936, Texas
Themes: illness

I believe in the vast power of cancer. I have seen this disease destroy my family, health wise and emotionally. There has been a tremendous chain of cancer deaths in my family that we have wondered if it’s hereditarily. These cells are powerful because they destroy everything inside your body, to the point where you don’t even know who you are.

Recently, a week ago my grandfather died from 3 types of cancer. He didn’t stop fighting until the end. I think he would still be alive today if his nurse hadn’t given him a 60 mg morphine pill, when he was taking only 10 mg. his time fighting was very hard. Since he had bone cancer, anywhere they touched him; it would hurt him a lot. But even if he had pain, he would still stand up and walk little steps to get exercise. In my mind, I will always remember him as a fighter who didn’t want for the cancers inside of him win over his body. Seeing him suffer day and night, mad our family want for him to rest in peace. Everyone was expecting his death and it was taken in a good manner. Their was something very strange when we buried my grandpa, my dads aunt who was also dying, form cancer, died, and hour later, it was like she was waiting until my grandpa’s ceremony was done. The power of cancer is so vast that it kills people completely in months and you never know when to expect their death. My grandmother’s mother, my grandma, her husband, my grandma’s sister all died from this incurable disease. All of these people come form my father side and it is scary to think my dad, mom or even I will have this powerful cell.

My one big dream is for doctors to find the cure and prevent me and my family from suffering and dying from cancer. But all I can do now is waiting, and live a healthy life to prevent it.