Katie - Bay St. Louis, Mississippi
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I Believe in My Best Friend

Most girls my age have a different best friend each week. The just can’t seem to keep the same friend by their side. My best friend isn’t even a girl. He is my husband and we have been together for four years and married for almost two months. His name is Andy.

Andy is my best friend. He has been with me through so many tough situations; I do not know what I would do without him. When I was younger, I had a best friend named Tina. She and I were inseparable but as we got older, she and I grew different. I found my self needing something more in a relationship. Andy provided that.

I feel that our friendship is what makes our relationship so special. When I am with Andy, I am so comfortable. I know I am young, but I do feel that I have found true love in my best friend, and that is the best package any girl can ask for.

I believe in my best friend because we are not rich, but we live rich. He gives me all the love that I need and all the attention that I could ever ask for. I feel that a relationship isn’t worth anything if the couple does not appreciate what they have and what they share. We share a special friendship that no one understands. He gives me all the confidence that I need to succeed in life and in our marriage. He makes me want to be a better person for not just my self but for him as well.

One day when we are old and retired sitting in rocking chairs, he will still be my best friend. We will still laugh together and still go fishing together because it is what he loves to do. He will take me shopping because he knows I love to shop, even though I will be a retired old lady, I will still love to go shopping with him, just to see him whine. I will still believe in my best friend until the end. I will still believe in my best friend and husband, Andy.