Deborah - Chandler, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

My Day of Joys

Maybe tomorrow, I will want to get out of bed because it is a new day—new opportunities, new joys, and new problems to solve. The day is pure for opportunity and growth. Anne Shirley said “Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.” This statement makes the day seem even sweeter.

Maybe tomorrow, the sun will rise and grace us with her presence. I will sit under the sky as the sun warms my skin and blesses me with light and protection from a dark world.

Maybe tomorrow, I will make myself a cup of cocoa with extra marshmallows and a cloud of whipped cream. I will enjoy this special beverage in my favorite chair as I write in my journal about my day of joys.

Maybe tomorrow, my rose bush will bloom and the tulips will make themselves known to the world. I will liken the beauty of a rose and the courage of the tulips to my own life.

Maybe tomorrow, I will leave my world of stress and to-do lists while I read about somebody else’s stress in Pride and Prejudice.

Maybe Tomorrow, I will ask “How was your day?” and intently listen with sincerity.

Maybe tomorrow, I will call up old friends and chat like we were still in high school.

Maybe tomorrow, I will make a special breakfast of bacon, eggs, and Mickey Mouse pancakes.

Maybe tomorrow, I will lead my family in a game of ultimate Frisbee at the park.

Maybe…I will get so caught up in the busyness of life that I will forget to recognize life’s simple joys. What will happen if I keep putting off the things that truly make me happy? Will I ever be happy? If I live for tomorrow, will today be devoid of goodness like yesterday?

TODAY, I will treasure life’s simple joys as I bask in the warmth of the sun, check my rose bush for blossoms, have a cup of hot cocoa, read a good book, rekindle old friendships, and begin a new day. This I believe.