Marissa - Moosic, Pennsylvania

I’ve learned that not everyone is going to be opened minded. I figured this out after a long two hour fight with my 13-year-old niece, Emily, thinks that any different music that appears in her ears is horrible. Me on the other hand, I’m open to anything new. It amazes me that, whether its country or screaming rock, basically all genres have the same themes with the few that only talk about drugs and whatnot. Emily doesn’t understand that the themes are only presented in a different way. The one thing that happens to really get me angry is that she won’t be open to different types of Rock (my favorite genre). I blame society for Emily being so closed minded. Today if the song doesn’t have curses or talk about drugs, it is only liked by a small group. I can understand older people not liking the music I like, but Emily should be open to new things. One of these days, I am going to have to rivet the fact that Emily won’t like everything I do, but if for once she actually listened to the lyrics, she would learn that it’s addicting music.