Susan - Pine Mountain, Georgia

When I have a problem, the first person I call is my best friend. She always listens and tries to give me advice/ although it isn’t always the advice I follow, her words are often times the most influential. The best part about having a best friend is that I know that she cares about me. I believe that a good friend is one of the most important things in our lives.

The difference between friends and family is: your friends are the ones that you choose to love, rather than the ones that you have to love. That means that a best friend loves you for who you are, inside and out. My best friend and I have been friends for more than twelve years. Several times our conflicting beliefs have nearly driven us apart. But the bond that has been created has been proven nearly indestructible.

My best friend and I share everything, from our deepest secrets and most embarrassing moments to relationship advice and mindless gossip. Sometimes things get a little crazy. We spice up the routine by sneaking out to the elementary school playground or the neighborhood pool at one or two in the morning; although, we’re always back by three o’clock because “that’s when the demons come out”. These late night adventures bring out a side of my best friend that most people will never see. We know the most complex sides of each other’s personalities and can often finish each other’s thoughts. It is such a comfort to have some one that understands me so well and can listen to my thoughts and problems and genuinely care.

I believe that without best friends, the world would be a very sad and lonely place, filled with burdened people with no one to turn to. Friendship brings trust and thoughtfulness. Friendship brings laughter and happiness. And most importantly, friendship brings love.