Jessica - Sobieski, Wisconsin
Themes: birth

I was pregnant with my second baby girl and was having problems. While I was trying to take care of my baby girl, I was going through premature labor. Sooner then what I was with my first baby girl. When I would stand up, I would go into labor. It was hard on both my little girl and me. I could not pick up my 9-month-old girl. For two months, the only way I could see her was when I would go to who was watching her. I was asked, “How do you do it?” My response, “I just do.”

Both of my girls were premature and had there health problems but my second baby had it the worst. Before she turned one, she had RSV twice and pneumonia three times. Most of her time was in a hospital. When her oxygen level would go down there was a loud beeping noise. My heart stopped every time. My girls did not spend much time together I had to keep them apart, my oldest was shipped off to who ever and each day I would leave the hospital to see her. She learned to stand in her crib with those bars around her. I was asked, “How do you do it?” My response, “I just do.”

I became a signal mom for about a year trying to raise two little girls. I worked full time and went to collage. I had to pay for daycare, rent and the bills to keep our apartment going. I struggled to keep a job. There were doctor appointments and if ether one is sick then there is could not go to daycare. If I could not find someone to watch then I needed to stay home and as anyone knows, companies frown on that. I was asked, “How do you do it?” My response, “I just do.”

I am dealing with health problems. Before I was turning 25 I found out my cancer was back. My family has been supportive of me. When I need a break for just me, they will take the kids for a night or two. I know that I have two beautiful girls and I love them with everything inside of me. I know that they need there mom so I decided that a hysterectomy will be the best choice. I was asked, “How do you do it?” My response, “I just do.”

I just found out that I am pregnant with my third baby. My doctor told me that I could not have any more kids because the baby will come earlier then my last two. My doctor is going to watch me close because of everything going on. I was asked, “How do you do it?” My response, “I just do.” This I believe if I say it and believe it there will be a time in my life I can look back and say, “I DID IT.” That is a satisfying reword in itself.